Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September 12th, The Day After.

For a few people in the world, yesterday came and went like any other. But for most, it was a day of remembering. I personally cannot remember the details of the 9/11 attack, being a second grader who was not at all aquainted with the world of politics, or even aware of any unrest in the world. For my little second grader self the most conflict I had ever been subject to was a playground argument. Now, as a "grown adult" I can see the affects of the  physical  aftermath, and the emotional toll that the event took on U.S. citizens as a whole. This tragedy seemed like something very real, but also something very far away from me. Therefore, I have had a hard time connecting with those directly affected by the disaster, but have been able to be empathetic towards theirs situations. However, a visit to Ground Zero forever changed this view. The silence and reverent atmosphere really hit home the point that this was a grievous loss not only for those associated with the victims of the disaster, but also for the entire country.

1 comment:

  1. Tell us more about what ground zero was like! This sounds very interesting, I'm sure any reader would love more details!

    ReplyDelete